Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Think outside the socks...

Is matching is over rated? I don't think it is... and it erks me to no end when Chris dresses Kensington in the mornings and her socks don't match her outfit. I know it's something I should get over, right? So, image my surprise when our friend Kathi brought over a gift for Kensi, a collection of LittleMissMatched items. This company began with the wacky idea to sell colorful missmatched socks in odd numbers. LittleMissMatched has created socks, leggings, gloves, sleepwear, swimwear, bedding, electronic socks, and a book (My MissMatched Life, Chronicle Books) – all incorporating their core design philosophy that nothing matches but anything goes.


Each collection allows for thousands of clever combinations using unique color waves and patterns, giving girls the chance to express their creativity and individuality every day of the year.

But does clever combinations = good taste? I'm still not sure. While I was getting her ready for school on Monday, I tried to let down my fashion gaurd and place two MissMatched mismatched socks on her little feetsies. I stood her up and looked her over. The gay-gene in me made me take them off and place the matching socks that coordinated perfected with the outfit. The socks and the leggings are, by themselves, absolutely precious. I just need to take baby steps so when my baby takes her steps, she does it in style.

4 comments:

C.I.W. said...

LOVE LittleMissMAtched.. I buy something MissMatched every year for the holidays.

Now-- only if I had a baby to buy the kimono pjs.. ADORABLE!!!!

C.I.W. said...

clarification:

I don't purchase anything for ME.. it is for my nieces.

clear?
good.
:)

Sara Bishop said...

I just found your blog and wanted to say, as the parent of an almost 3 year old girl who just decided that she'll wear what she wants no matter what I want, enjoy this time now when you can pick her clothes out and the match. As opposed to today when i (grudgingly) sent my princess off in a purple shirt with a bunny on it, pink pants with hearts and blue socks.

Sara Bishop said...

sorry, they match, not the match